Largest Continent Map

Largest Continent in the World By Area and Population

Posted By John Oct 01, 2015

Asia is the largest continent in the world both in terms of area and population, and is geographically located on the eastern and northern hemispheres. The giant continent covers nearly 9% of the total surface of the planet earth with 4.16 billion people living on it. You will be surprised to know that the continent accommodates about 60% of the total population on earth and the remainder 40% of people live on other six continents. This geographical entity is having two most populous countries of the world, i.e. India and China. Both of these countries are known as the highly important business hubs all over the world.

Largest Continent View

Asia is replete with different religions, cultures, civilizations, economic structures, types of government, and government rules and regulation. Asia is having a group of 49 independent countries, where each of the nations has her own religion and cultural values. Asia has a number of historical places that are worth seeing and are famous all over the world. Particularly, the Great Wall of China and Taj Mahal in India are the pride of this continent and tourists love to visit these historical places when they ever visit Asia. Singapore, Malaysia, China and Japan are known as the business tycoon of the region and are best known as the secure and peaceful places for tourism. Apart from being an economic hub, India, along with some other countries like Pakistan, Philippines, and Bangladesh, is providing the major service in BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) due to their good English speaking peoples. Pakistan and India are known as a hub of outsourcing in European markets.

This Asian continent has all types of major seasons, i.e. Summer, Winter, Autumn and Spring. Thousand of living languages are spoken across various countries in the region. For example, in Indonesia, India and phillipines people can speak as many as over 600, 800 and 100 languages, respectively. Tamil and Sanskrit is the oldest language of this continent that is spoken and understood in India and Sri Lanka.

Largest Continent Population

People belong to different religions in Asia, where the major religions are Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism. Muslims are in majority in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Hinduism is very popular in India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. A major proportion of the Asian population belongs to Buddhist religion and they have a majority in different countries like, China, Japan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, Laos, Nepal, and South Korea. Asia is also very famous due to the spicy foods, tandoori chickens, tandoori kebabs, and spicy roasts and other traditional dishes which are very popular in European markets as well. These are the dominant factors that make Asia the largest and most beautiful continent in the world.

Largest Continent Summer Winter

World Information - Latest Articles